metal stockists

I am looking for stockists of rods, pipes and plates in aluminium

stainless-steel and brass. My initial quantities are small. I am read to buy from any where in the world. Could any one please guide

-- Ami

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Amin's Profile:

this thread:

Amin

Go a Google search for Online Metals, then take your pick of the twenty six million, three hundred thousand pages available.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

From another thread/post

**** Mallard, College, Speciality, JA Crew, Folkestone, Woking, K+S, GLR, Nogginend, MCM, metalsontheweb - none of the usual ME suspects stock it, though Folkstone do do 8 and 16 mm hex bar.

RS might do it, but I can't use their crappy website to check - if you have windows it might work for you.

****

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Yes, I agree, RTFM an all that, but it's a F (ery) huge M ... and some selection by people who have actually done it may be of use.

There's a big difference between randomly picking one out of 26,300,000 and a recommendation. I don't do recommendations, but afaik the ones mentioned below have been in business for a while and haven't ripped many people off so far.

They are also most if not all of the online suppliers of metal stock in ME quantities in the UK, and if I missed one or two I'd be pleased to learn about it.

also (though they still have me listed first, so they can't be all bad :) - yet :( ) I have some doubts about the eventual impartiality of Google since the PO.

[] model engineering suppliers

online

Mallard Metals:

Engineering:
Metals:
Crew:
not-quite-online

MCM:

other

CuP Alloys:

(silver solder & brazing stuff only)

[] More generally oriented suppliers:

RS:

(not cheap) McMaster-Carr:
(everything USA, not cheap) Aalco:
(unusual metals, ME quantities expensive)

[] Other Suggestions:

Local car breaker Local scrap merchant Local engineering firms, especially their scrap baskets

and last, but not least: Local metal stockists - don't forget them!!

Any more suggestions? Did I miss anyone?

Note this is only for suppliers of stock metals in small quantities, and not for tools, castings, fixings, parts, etc.

KR Whiston, where are you now? JA Crew is a poor substitute.

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother