Missing posts

I am now convinced that I'm not getting all the posts on this forum,
as I'm seeing replies to posts previously unseen. Anyone else using
news.btinternet.com and experiencing the same phenomenon ? Any
suggestions for a more reliable news server?
AWEM
Reply to
Andrew Mawson
I've used news.individual.net for a long time - AFAIK there haven't been any problems.
Reply to
Dave
I've just moved to it after finally giving up on AOL's crap usenet service which stopped working properly before Xmas and still isn't right. Also AOL was missing so many newsgroups, like uk.legal.moderated which has been running for a year and still not on their feed.
Anyway, back to N.I.N. Jolly nice of them to run it all for free and no problems so far. The posts I make appear in the forums very quickly so no obvious delays there. Also, despite their site saying you can't post to moderated groups I tried it and it worked fine on uk.legal.moderated. -- Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

Dave Baker
In message , Dave Fawthrop writes
Using a valid address for the "reply to" and a permissible invalid "from" and "sender" addresses is reasonably safe and also kinder to humans who might wish to send a genuine reply. Most "trawler bots" go for the "from" do not look at either of the other two.
Reply to
Mike H
I use the University Of Berlin servers, news.individual,net.
They are an excellent service and (currently) on free subscription.
The only downside is the apparent unavailability at the weekends sometimes, varying from Fri Sat and Sun - the times when you most want to use it.
I find using OE that my postings appear in the NG quicker than I can get back to the NG from "Send Mail"
Reply to
Airy R.Bean
I've now enrolled with news.individual.net and am going to run that and news.btinterner.com alongside to compare for a day or two.
Thanks one and all for the tips.
AWEM
Reply to
Andrew Mawson
OK now I have the evidence.
Having subscribed to another news server there are three more posts on it in
this news group than on the btinternet one in a matter of 90 minutes
AWEM
Reply to
Andrew Mawson
Bad news: looks like it won't be a free service after the end of March.
Good news: The fee is only 10 Euros/year.
Regards, Tony
Reply to
Tony Jeffree
Bad news: the payment process has come under fire from users as being a bit 'odd' and it is a third party, not the Uni itself.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk
Prepair Ltd