Model Engineer magazine pricing question

Hi,

Does anyone know what a reasonable price would be for a complete year of ME magazine ? I have quite a few years worth I don't really have room for and was considering putting them up on eBay. They range from the 60s to the 90's with lots of gap years.

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Mike

I've seen prices from 25p an issue to 2.00, varying with vendor.

Surprisingly, the more engineering oriented the vendor, the lower the price. The 2.00 was in an antique shop, viewing the magazine as a piece of retro-ephemera more than a source of information.

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear

Can't help you, since in Australia.

But I have just been making a list of ME mags that belong to my club. We own from July 1945 - June 1998, which we have had bound. A nice set.

We also have a few volumes beyond that loose, but then the collection falls apart from Jan 2001 and almost nothing post July 2002.

Of course we have a couple of hundred duplicates. It would be nice to swap them for the missing ones - I can dream. ;-)

Kevin Martin

Reply to
Kevin Martin

Hi mike You could be cheeky and ask Tee publishing how nuch they sell theirs for. the wizard

Reply to
the wizard

John S sold a complete set from 1940 - 2000 just last night on ebay. Surprisingly it only fetched about =A370! Not sure if thats a good indication of not, guess it depends on whether your a buyer or a seller...

Dave

Reply to
dave sanderson

A pal has some 1500 assorted issues, dating from the war to around

2000-2001. He advertised them for £100 and got no takers.

So, not worth much, is the answer.

Alan Stepney

Reply to
Alan Stepney

Well its £70 more than I would pay for them...all very well if you are interested in playing at model trains, but of precious little interest otherwise these days IMHO.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

.Funny sort of accounting but from the top of my head, the price would have included both George Thomas books, Jack Radcliffe's and Prof Dennis Chaddock's 'books. Again, the whole of Martin Cleeve and much of Screwcutting in the Lathe and a crate of 'Tubal Cainl' and Ian Bradley.

.Oh and 'toy trains' if one must

Norm

Reply to
ravensworth2674