Myford lookalike gears

I have recently aqquired some gears which came with some Myford items but are not Myford. they are 35,38,40, 45, 50, 55, 60 & 64 T. They are all with the 5/8 bore and have a 1/8 keyway like the Myford items but also have a 1/8 hole for a drive pin. They are .345" wide where as the Myford items are .375" wide. They are also a different DP as the

50 T gear has a nominal diamater of 2.52" and the Myford 50 T is 2.59 Has anyone any idea what I have and does anyone care to swap them for Myford Gears of any size.j Yours in the workshop John
Reply to
hinkela2

Sound like transition gears from the ML4. these had a drive pin but Myfords did turn some out with both pins and keys to fit both the ML4's and early ML7's Ignore the diameters and widths as change wheels don't have to be that accurate given that the centres are adjuatable

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

accurate given that

at:-

They are not the ML4 type as the drivepin in the ML4 type is about

3/32 and the pitch is also different whereas the ML4 and ML7 use the same pitch, and these do not mesh nicely with the ML7 type. John Quirke Ireland
Reply to
hinkela2

accurate given that

at:-

Probably 1.5 mod or even 3/16" CP, as John says near enough not to worry for change wheels. Could be Mikron change wheels which have been bored out?

Maybe they're 20 deg PA which would explain the poor meshing, but that's unusual for change wheels.

Cheers Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

to fit both

accurate given that

at:-

Are you sure they're not Drummond round bed change wheels? To quote JS from a previous thread:

Drummond are 14 DP 14 -1/2 pressure angle.

Which is quite coarse. They also seemed to have two locating pin holes in some. Can you put a photo in the dropbox? If they are Drummond I can offer pictures of The Queen in exchange.

Cheers,

Zed

Reply to
zedbert

Sorry I'll rephrase that. could be 1.25 mod, that gives a theoretical OD of 2.56".

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

Hi all A photo of the gears with myford items can be seen at

Myford on left lookalike on right

Reply to
hinkela2