National waterways Festival 2005

Hi all
Longtime lurker - known to some here! - popping up with something which
may be of interest.
NWF 2005 (of which I am Entertainment Technical Manager) takes place
near Runcorn on the late August Bank Holiday w/e. At a meeting last
evening interest was expressed in having steam vehicles, either full
size or scale as part of the attractions for the GBP. If anyone is
interested in attending I can put them in touch with the Arena Events
Manager. All entrants get a free ticket to the Festival. I don't have
authority to say this but I suspect that if a full-size traction engine
was offered, something towards coal costs would be forthcoming! There
is also a vintage/classic motor vehicles parade and again more vehicles
would be welcome. Stationary engines weren't mentioned as such but
should anyone want to bring one then I'll again be happy to pass on the
contact details.
Cheers
Guy
Reply to
Guy Morgan
There has been a stationary engine display at the Skipton Water Festival for the last couple of years.
David Mack
Reply to
David Mack
...and for steam boats? :-)
Chris D
Reply to
Chris Deuchar
In message , Chris Deuchar writes
I can't possibly comment on any arrangement come to by "All the President's men"!!
Guy
Reply to
Guy Morgan