National waterways Festival 2005

Hi all

Longtime lurker - known to some here! - popping up with something which may be of interest.

NWF 2005 (of which I am Entertainment Technical Manager) takes place near Runcorn on the late August Bank Holiday w/e. At a meeting last evening interest was expressed in having steam vehicles, either full size or scale as part of the attractions for the GBP. If anyone is interested in attending I can put them in touch with the Arena Events Manager. All entrants get a free ticket to the Festival. I don't have authority to say this but I suspect that if a full-size traction engine was offered, something towards coal costs would be forthcoming! There is also a vintage/classic motor vehicles parade and again more vehicles would be welcome. Stationary engines weren't mentioned as such but should anyone want to bring one then I'll again be happy to pass on the contact details.

Cheers

Guy

Reply to
Guy Morgan

There has been a stationary engine display at the Skipton Water Festival for the last couple of years.

David Mack

Reply to
David Mack

...and for steam boats? :-)

Chris D

Reply to
Chris Deuchar

I can't possibly comment on any arrangement come to by "All the President's men"!!

Guy

Reply to
Guy Morgan