Visit to Neunen rally

Hi all, have just returned from my visit to the Neunen Stationary engine rally. What a show, so much exotic machinery to take in !!! While over there we were privaledged to visit a number of private collections of both engines and tractors. I will try and get the hundreds of photos up on webshots as soon as possible for you to view, they are worth the wait believe me. While there I managed to return with two more engines for the collection, a Deutz 8Hp horizontal and a Bernard W1. Both running but needing restored. Does anyone have any links that I can use to date either of these machines or any other links for information on them. Must get back to uploading the pics.

Reply to
Martin Hirst

Photos Uploaded. Private collections 1, 2, 3 & 4 and also neunen rally itself. Enjoy !! Whats your favourite ????

Reply to
Martin Hirst

Excellent pictures Martin. My favourite has to be the Kromhout, bet it sounded wonderful!

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
philipte

Did you bump into Dan Howden whilst you were there!

Mart> Hi all, have just returned from my visit to the Neunen Stationary

Reply to
Campingstoveman

You should have seen it with flames shooting 3 foot in the air when it ran away on itself. The gazebo next to it was air conditioned !!!!

Reply to
Martin Hirst

But Martin, *all* proper two stroke semi diesels are meant to run away from time to time....better than any high fibre breakfast cereal :-)

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
philipte

If you didn't recognise me I was the one drooling over the lovely 16hp Tangye all day on Monday....;-)

An impressive show with some unusual stuff - managed to resist buying anything as we only had the car - we'll be taking a trailer next year though!

I'll get some pictures up over the weekend.

Regards

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

My selection of choice engines from Nuenen is now up at

Regards

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Reply to
Martin Hirst

Haven't had much time to look at pics during the week, I've just looked at both sets now. Very nice too, thanks guys.

I'm surprised how many Brit engines are there, do a lot of Brits take them there, or are there a lot of Brit engines in Holland?

Favourite engine - probably the vertical Gardner or the big Tangye, but tomorrow the answer could be different!

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

There were quite a few Brits there exhibiting, and the Dutch and Belgians seem to like all Britsh engines. All the collections we seen had quite a few British built engines in them.

both sets now. Very nice too, thanks guys.

there, or are there a lot of Brit engines in

tomorrow the answer could be different!

Reply to
Martin Hirst

Dear Martin so you managed to get your heavy haulage back to cumbria. The man for dating the two engines was at nuenen. Walter Van Gulik certainly has dates for the Bernard and I think he also has some idea of the deutz glad you enjoyed it including the grand beer barrel opening cheers richard

x-- 100 Proof News -

3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 100,000 other groups x-- Access to over 1.6 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Reply to
Richard Crook

Reply to
Martin Hirst