Park Hall Rally, Oswestry

Not on the main drag, I realise, of most stationary engine enthusiasts Summer itineraries, but our local rally, which I always enjoy. A nice mix of engines, with plenty of the commoner ones, but plenty of the more exotic too. There is an air of relaxation and friendliness, and lots of interesting exhibits to see. I was impressed by the way the more common engines were mixed in amongst the less easily recognised. A couple of rallies I've been to recently, ghettoised all the Listers and small verticals into one area at the end of the display, rather like sticking the poor into high-rise council flats. Another local rally consists of little other than the most common, which I find very uninteresting. The one downside is that signage was poor. Nonetheless, if you're within striking distance, I recommend this for a visit next year. As the entry ticket includes entry to the Park Hall Working Farm Museum, you can lose the kids without trouble.

Had a good chat with Mark and Fran Drake and took a fair few photos. I rejected many as the very bright sun gave problems with the pictures. I'll post some shortly on:

The most interesting engine of the day for me was a Russell Newbery with a very smart external flyball governor. Can anyone here provide any information about this type of engine?

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

itineraries, but our local rally, which I

plenty of the more exotic too. There is an

was impressed by the way the more common

I've been to recently, ghettoised all the

like sticking the poor into high-rise

common, which I find very uninteresting. The

distance, I recommend this for a visit

Museum, you can lose the kids without

rejected many as the very bright sun gave

very smart external flyball governor. Can

Hi Arthur, I used to show at the Oswestry Orthopaedic Hospital about 20 years ago. The plaques were the best in the country. Enameled brass! Dave Croft Warrington

Reply to
Dave Croft