Bristol Club rally

As usual, it was well attended by some 50 engines plus classic cars, bikes & stalls. I was seriously tempted by a Petter PU4 as it would complete my set, However, common sense - and fear of Hazel - prevailed & I was relieved to find he'd sold it by the end of the day, thus taking the decision to buy it in the week out of my hands!

I did buy three rather nice model steam engines. One is a scratch built all-brass engine & I'd judge that it is at least 75 years old. Two are Stuart Turners, a Mk 9 & another smaller one. I can't be more specific as I don't have them with me & will be collecting them during the week. The engineering is sound, but they could both do with a strip & repaint mainly due to some (shall we say) curious colour choices!

As usual, this club rally attracts some interesting exhibits & there are some 17 pictures to look at here

including some of an 1897 Abenaque & a 1902 Stickney. Security guards with dogs just out of shot!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Am I going daft or do I see a description of an interesting sounding hot air engine but no picture - come on Kim, you can't do this to me!

Had a good if rather warm day at Prestwood, which curiously also boasted an Abenaque - though a little later I think as it didn't have the 'dumbell' governor. Other 'posh' engines present were a Petter handyman and Crossley LL - what is it about these smaller rallies that sometimes seems to bring out the exotica?

Reply to
Nick H

Thanks, and a pretty little thing it is too!

BTW, I wish webshots would leave their uploading software alone.

Reply to
Nick H

You are quite right, Nick. Webshots are pharting around with the software & as I'd missed it off by mistake on the first pass couldn't find a way of re-opening it without a warm boot. I'll do it later, but in the meantime have sent it direct to you.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Diplomacy done, plates spun, fires fought, maidens eaten - well, three out of four ain't bad

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

You could always miss out the PU4, and get yourself a PV8 - bet that would sound interesting :-)

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
philipte

Gentlemen

After two days of muttering and gesturing at the webshots uploading program (I now know how Kim felt) I have finally managed to upload all of my pictures taken at the rally. They can be found at:

Apologies to those who have an interest in the tractors etc that I have just taken general shots but the heat was taking it's toll by then!

Regards

JohnR

Reply to
JohnR

Hi John, Thanks for the pictures. One strang thing is the BSA which looks OK in the Thumbnails turns into a Sterling engine when you open it. Looks like they have a problem at Webshots.

Reply to
Dave Croft

Hi Dave.

Thanks for the headsup. I was too kn******d to check them all last night. I have deleted the original and replaced it which seems to be OK.