Nylon Hose Clips

Anyone any experience of the new nylon hose clips used on some modern cars ? Basically a circle of nylon with two 'crocodile mouths' that you push into each other. Do they actually hold under pressure? Where can you get them? I've found a source of undisclosed sized mixed packs (

)but not specific sized ones. I even considered multiple thick ty-wraps but it seems a bit crude.

I have an application currently using a normal Jubilee clip that is in a strong alternating magnetic field, and this is inducing circulating currents in the clip that are warming it up to the point it softens the hose it is clipping !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Look at someone like Heyco or Richco, they do this sort of thing.

Heyco are down near Bournemouth, Richco are in the Dartford area.

We deal with both.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

is a range of sizes.

I've used the smaller ones (7mm) but have not been too impressed - went back to a pair of tywraps. In awkward spaces they can be difficult to tighten as any side force pushes the two ends apart sideways.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Peter,

Thanks for the feedback - I've ordered some from Farnell and will trial them. They call them Herbie clips or some such odd name.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Yes Heyco do them, they are on the Ferndown Idt est, Nr Wimborne.

Wayne...

Reply to
Wayne Weedon