Off topic: Pre glazed door question

Apologies for being off topic, just wondered if any wood workers could answer a small problem I'm faced with. I did do a newsgroup search, but what
came up looked fairly inactive.
Our new front door has been delivered, but its "Pre glazed" with plain glass. Now, the enemy did say she wants obscure glass. It's too late to return the door, got it cheap via a mates account with Howdens, and its now been cut for the letterbox and hinges. The chippy I spoke to just shrugged his shoulders and suggested getting stick on stuff with a pattern from a craft shop. He obviously doesn't know the wrath of the enemy I have been destined to suffer life with.
Question is: how do you remove or replace the glass if it got broken, or need to change the pattern, as there are no removable glazing beads? How do they put these things together (in China probably) ?
Bob
On 28/01/2010 20:40, Emimec wrote:

You should seriously consider getting stick-on obscurity. It's called manifestation and you can buy it on t'web. There are professional companies who apply it to glazing systems in office partitions in accordance with the health and safety and the interior designer's aesthetic requirements. It's proper stuff.
Worth googling for manifestation or window film and seeing if you can find anything you fancy.
e.g. http://www.purlfrost.com /
Emimec wrote:

No idea - but perhaps you could double glaze the door with obscure glass?
-- Peter Fairbrother
On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 20:40:33 -0000, "Emimec"

Get a dicorce? Might be cheaper in the long run ;-)
Regards, Tony

Could you not get it sand/grit blasted to give you the 'Frosting' effect? It should not be a problem to make a mask to stop the wood getting too much over spray. T.W.

Seem to remember some windows at work years ago being frosted by applying varnish and stippling it as it dried.
Henry

Bob
THe glass is retained by 4 beads on the inside od tge door, thes can be levered off with a flat tool rather like a blunt chisel, and removed to reveal the double glazed unit. take thgis to a proper glazer who will be able to eithe replace thw whole thing or just one panel and the you refit. Peter