Oilcan

With my lathe came an old fashioned oilcan. Soldered tin, long spout, sliding lid to allow filling, and a spring loaded button.
I gave it a clean put some oil in and pumped it but nothing happened. Its a bit like me I thought, knackered! Then whilst holding it pointing down I realised the the button was not a pump but a valve to allow flow or not. I have never used one before but it is magic! Filled with way oil it is perfect for oiling the ways, leadscrew and surfacing shaft. Lays on just the right amount where I want it. A standard pump type can is used for oiling points.
Can you still buy cans of this type and do they have a particular name?
--
Richard

Email address is valid but remove burrs before sending!
Richard Edwards wrote:

Not an oil can but an "oil feeder".
Tom
Tom wrote: