OT: Echo hedgecutter spares

My echo HC-210-E petrol hedgecutter seems to have lost some sort of cover from the side of the carb, without which it won't pump fuel. The local agents are usually very helpful, I was hoping they would be able to suggest a bodge or that the carb was standard & common to other engines, but no, they just established that the spares are now obsolete & unobtainable. Small 2-strokes & especially their carbs are a bit of a black art as far as I'm concerned! I'm a bit annoyed, I've had it for about 15 years & used it with a broken tooth on the blade, just last year I did a repair I was proud of welding in a new tooth made from gauge plate, now they say the machine is scrap :-( It's not exactly worn out, just doing my hedges once or twice a year!

Any sugestions where to find bits, new or used?

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech Dutton Dry-Dock

timleech

Try

do parts for Echo Don't know if they sell that model though. Good luck

Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

Can't find anything listed for it on their site, though I'll get the part no. from the local people tomorrow & try them with that.

Thanks Tim

Tim Leech Dutton Dry-Dock

timleech