OT: Free computer, printers, etc.

Hi folks,

Just thought I'd post this offer here in case anyone wants them (this is my stuff)...

I have a computer, two printers and various other equipment to give away. If I know their functional state, it's listed below (but no guarantees). These items need to be collected from Edgmond Common, postcode TF10 8ES. If possible, I'd like these items to go to someone who'll use them, instead of the dump. Please e-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@cantab.net if you want anything.

  • Complete "Omega" PC including the following:

- Celeron 466 MHz processor

- 192 MB RAM

- 13.6 GB Fujitsu IDE hard disk

- LG 8x4x32x CD-Rw

- 48x CD-Rom

- Floppy drive

- Omega PS/2 keyboard and mouse

- SVGA graphics on motherboard

- Midi tower case (fairly decent, but missing one front blanking plate)

- LG 15" CRT monitor with built-in speakers

- Dual boot SUSE 9.1/Windows 98 (some issues with Windows)

- SUSE CD and book Overall this is a clean machine in good order (not yellowed or battered). It works fine (I just burned 2 CDs of documents when I was clearing out the hard disk last weekend).

  • Xerox DocuPrint P12 laser printer. This is now an old laser printer, but it's very solidly built by modern standards. Parallel port connection. Decent graphics drivers aren't available for versions of Windows after Windows 2000 (there is a poor graphics driver you can use), but I think text drivers for TrueType fonts are still available. Cosmetically in good condition. Working fine 18 months ago and should still contain some toner. Original driver floppies and cardboard box available, if you want them.

  • Epson Stylus Color 680 inkjet printer. Compact printer with a parallel port connection. Worked last time it was used, but that was a long time ago. Slightly yellowed, but otherwise in good condition. Comes with unopened black and colour cartridges. Maybe a manual too.

  • Two Compaq caddies for 36.4 GB 15k Ultra 3 SCSI disks (to fit some kind of server). Also one unknown caddy, possibly for HP.

  • Jessops SmartMedia card reader. SmartMedia only. Needs parallel and PS/2 ports. In good condition but untested.

  • Pentium 120 motherboard and graphics cards. For the old school gamers. Might have more really old parts too - ask!

  • Torisan 6x CD-Rom drive.

  • Epson 3.25" floppy drive.

  • Broken Apple 15" CRT monitor from a Centris (not sure why anyone would want this).

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy