Pulley suppliers

I'm looking for a source of A section steel pulleys 5/8" shaft 1x 55mm and 1 x 65mm. The smallest RS carry is 80mm
This is on behalf of someone else and yes I could make them but they are not that close and frankly don't want to spend the time but if anyone knows of a supplier I'd be grateful. Online/mail order would be a distinct advantage.
TIA
Bob

Bob
You could try https://sdp-si.com/eStore/Direct.asp?GroupID=548 this company do a number of different sizes and do mail order. I xcould not see your exact sizes and I have never used them. Also Chronos do pulleys but only a few sizes and not exactly what you are after. In the past got all my pulleys from Picador, but they have gone now I think.
Cheers
Dave
Bob Minchin wrote:

There's a reason behind that: The smallest allowable diameter for section A is 90 mm. So they are already a bit below that. You'll have to make your own I think!
Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
<http://www.yadro.de>
Nick Mueller wrote:

Ooops, sorry, wrong column: 75 mm!
Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
<http://www.yadro.de>
Nick Mueller wrote:

I found a supplier selling pulleys for section A and SPA with an effective diameter of 55 mm -> <http://maedler.de/en/Catalog/P/1643/1617/309/311.aspx
Don't know wether they sell to the Brits. :-) At least their pages are in English.
Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
<http://www.yadro.de>

If you're going to use a pulley that small, best to use a cogged (CRE) or 'toothed' belt.
Tim
Bob Minchin wrote:

Thanks to Dave & Nick. Looks like the machine designers broke the rules. There appears to be a widely used modification of using a twistlock belt which possible gets acceptable performance from the drive. The machine has a 1.5hp motor which seems to break the other rule (from the back of my head someplace) of 1hp per a section belt.
Bob
On Fri, 06 Feb 2009 17:46:17 +0000, Bob Minchin

IMHO this is not so! I remember the last time I checked a Z belt for a large 24v 160A alternator and was surprised at what a Z could carry. Speed and pulley diameters obviously important. Check the Fenner or Gates site for "cogged raw edge" belts, you may find that Z would be ok and pulleys more easily available.
Richard
Bob Minchin wrote:

Forget that rule! The first limiting factor is the pulling force inside the belt (and thus torque). The second one is max. speed (in m/s; up to and above 100 m/s). So if you do have high RPM, you can transmit a higher power.
Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
<http://www.yadro.de>
Nick Mueller wrote:

What rule was that?? lol
Forgotten already.
cheers
Bob

Try Brammer,used to be known as BSL.Open Sat am.
Mark.

http://www.bearingboys.co.uk/SPA_Section-1184-c
I've used these chaps many times now for belts (cars, lawnmowers etc etc) and offer good service.
Julian.
Julian wrote:

Thanks for that Julian, I've not come across them before. site bookmarked! Bob

Another recommendation for Bearingboys, just bought a couple of A section belts from them, ordered at 3.00pm and they landed on my desk the following morning !