Flat(ish) link belts

Hi.
Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase (in the UK) 'sensible' lengths Fenner "PowerTwist SuperGrip Top" or maybe
"PowerTwist Friction Top" belting in B or C section ? I need around 1.5m (tbc) and all I've been able to find so far is Fenner themselves who will happily sell me a box of 20m....
Link to Fenner info: http://www.fennerdrives.com/high_performance_composite_vbelts/powertwist_special_belts.asp
My application is for a replacement flat drive belt for a Lorch underdrive AVI-RG lathe - I plan to use the belt 'upside-down' from the original application expectations - I'm installing it on a Boxford underdrive cabinet that came from a knackered CUD, and there's no easy way to organise belt tensioning on the final drive belt - the problem of diss-assembly to replace the belt also makes the link type rather appealing.
Any comments or warnings about my intended application also gratefully received!
Thanks,
Youra.
On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 04:52:47 -0800 (PST), Youra

I replaced my ML-7 drive belts with "T-Link" belts sourced from Tony Griffiths - here:
http://www.lathes.co.uk/page4.html
Looks like he also keeps PowerTwist. Prices not cheap, but I guess cheaper than buying 20m...
Regards, Tony
On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 04:52:47 -0800 (PST), Youra

I am surprised, have Fenner okayed running a griptop inside out? I would have thought that you would have gone with a standard (splittable) flat belt.
Richard
Richard Edwards wrote:

Chronos are selling Powertwist belting on fleabay by the metre
I don't know how prices compare with Tony G rates.
Bob
On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 14:26:42 +0000, Bob Minchin
Significantly cheaper that Tony G but they only stock A and Z section.
Regards, Tony
Hi Richard,
Specifically, no - but I've found a few posts on a US machine tool forum that suggests it works just fine for relatively light applications.
The reason for not going for a standard flat belt is the ability to adjust tension by removing links - my circumstances (without my re- engineering of the cabinet) does not allow for adjustment of the spacing between the spindle and countershaft pulleys - must as in the original Boxford CUD cabinet set up.
Cheers.
Youra.

On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 04:52:47 -0800 (PST), Youra

I would try Eriks (used to be Wyko, used to be Fenners).
Tim

Bloodyell when did that happen???
Mark Rand RTFM
On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 19:40:32 +0000, Mark Rand

Last year some time.
Tim

Must have been just after I got the new belt for the shaper then :-(
Mark Rand RTFM
On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 21:20:49 +0000, Mark Rand

I just looked it up, it was just about 12 months ago.
http://www.wyko.co.uk/index.asp
Tim

Well that just goes to show... Doesn't time fly when you're enjoying yourself :-)
They (Rugby branch) have been helpful on every occasion that I've uses them, but I've only bought V belts from them.
Mark Rand RTFM

http://www.fennerdrives.com/high_performance_composite_vbelts/powertwist_special_belts.asp
Give this mob a try, website being updated at the moment, so best call them. http://www.mercurybearings.co.uk/main/index.htm Bob