real life stirling engine

I'm not sure how on or off topic this is, but I thought various denizens might be interested in this:

key quote: "we used stirling engines running on jet fuel."

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear

Some heavy googling and browsing finds:

is an earlier report by a guy from the same university. This is likely the key quote:

quote: This proved a very enlightening visit---the Whispertech Stirling-engine power generator is a wonderful piece of technology that could one day be an excellent replacement for the thermo-electric generator (TEG) we currently use in the AASTO.

Which leads us to:

BugBear (over and out)

Reply to
bugbear