Round section drive belt sought

My father-in-law's little milling machine (Dore-Westbury?) has shed its
drive belt. This is round section, 48" circumference and 1/4" diameter
and appears to be made from rubberized canvas. Anyone have any
suggestions for a stockist or supplier?
TIA
Pete
Reply to
Peter Scales
Have a look at

diameter
Reply to
Mike
There is a polyurethane(?) round belt which is cheaper than leather that I saw at Harrogate. Can't remember who supplies it though. Benefit is that you buy it as a length and join it with a hot knife, so no clunk per rev as the metal fastener goes over the pulley!
Steve
Reply to
Steve
Thanks to all who replied - it seems likely that the belt in question was a Cordex type, made by Dawsons. Dawsons no longer do a 6mm dia belt and have scrapped their 6mm moulds! The nearest size available is 8mm in batches of 36 at about a tenner a belt...
I feel a new set of pulleys and V or Polygrip belts coming on, myself.
Regards
Pete
Reply to
Peter Scales
Just found a roll of that red poly belt you join with a hot soldering iron. Problem is it's only 5mm
Any good ??
-- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
Reply to
John Stevenson
If that sort of belt is good enough you can get 6 mm from Meadows and Passmore of Brighton.
Cliff Coggin Kent UK
Reply to
Cliff Coggin