Round section drive belt sought

My father-in-law's little milling machine (Dore-Westbury?) has shed its drive belt. This is round section, 48" circumference and 1/4" diameter and appears to be made from rubberized canvas. Anyone have any suggestions for a stockist or supplier?

TIA

Pete

Reply to
Peter Scales

Have a look at

diameter

Reply to
Mike

There is a polyurethane(?) round belt which is cheaper than leather that I saw at Harrogate. Can't remember who supplies it though. Benefit is that you buy it as a length and join it with a hot knife, so no clunk per rev as the metal fastener goes over the pulley!

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Thanks to all who replied - it seems likely that the belt in question was a Cordex type, made by Dawsons. Dawsons no longer do a 6mm dia belt and have scrapped their 6mm moulds! The nearest size available is 8mm in batches of 36 at about a tenner a belt...

I feel a new set of pulleys and V or Polygrip belts coming on, myself.

Regards

Pete

Reply to
Peter Scales

Just found a roll of that red poly belt you join with a hot soldering iron. Problem is it's only 5mm

Any good ??

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

If that sort of belt is good enough you can get 6 mm from Meadows and Passmore of Brighton.

Cliff Coggin Kent UK

Reply to
Cliff Coggin