Slitting Saw Speeds and Feeds

Anyone have a good reference for using slitting saws in a mill drill? Looking at 100mm x 1.5mm saw typically.

Best Regards

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Hi Firstly no material mentioned, lets assume MS I would suggest 30metres/min peripheral speed with a feed of 0.08 to 0.1 per tooth. Which is about 95 to

100 rpm x number of teeth x 0.09 in mm/min feed. Hope this helps Cheers Dave
Reply to
Dave Jones

Yup - I'll print this off and stick it my book...

Many Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve