Smart and Brown model L bed geometry

Hi.

Does anyone know is is able to measure the included angle in the front bed guide of a Smart and Brown Model L lathe bed ? I already know the other dimensions, but I need to understand if a slide from one of these will fit my lathe bed which is of similar construction without alteration.

Thanks !

Youra.

Reply to
Youra

ask here

all the best.markj

Reply to
mark

I can't state it as fact, but I'd be staggered if it's anything other than 90deg. I have a 1024 and a Sabel and a friend a Mdl A and they all use a 90deg included angle. Apart from anything else, it's a PITA to machine the matching carriage at any other angle.

As Mark says you can ask on the YSB forum/group.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Shute

It`s definitely not 90 degrees,more like 60.Had a look at one a moment ago.No time to measure it though.

Reply to
mark

Thanks Mark.

The lathe I have ( Lorch AVI-RG ) has an included angle of 60deg. - I've just joined the S&B Yahoo Group, and I'll post the question over there too.

Cheers,

Youra.

Reply to
Youra