Stainless Studding

I agree. I think the properties of the usual austenitic type stainless would be reasonably unsuitable for a leadscrew.

Reply to
Charles Lamont

Oh ok, then I'll try to find some 'normal' steel.

Tom,

I was thinking one every 300mm with everything bolted down onto a 20mm piece of Marine ply.

Michael

Reply to
Michael

"Michael" wrote in message news:UrHzh.258154$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

What's your budget for getting one made? (An appropriate steel, not stainless)

Steve

Reply to
Steve W

No idea, I'm looking at modifying the bed so I can keep the existing leadscrew.

Michael

Reply to
Michael