Steady type

I now have pictures of two unknown ( to me ) fixed steadies at

and

or just use

( many thanks to Mark Rand for this. )

Picture 1a is 6 3/8" to the centre, so is probably for a 6 1/2" lath. The V is 3 3/8" from the centre line. I was planing to fit it to my Triumph 2000, and the block and clamp I was making is also show.

Picture 3b is a 7 3/4" high steady, possibly off an 8" lath. The V is offset

3 1/2" from the centre line.

Can anyone identify what laths these come off ?

-- Jonathan

Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device there is a fool greater than the proof.

To reply remove AT

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes

The one in 3b is a dead ringer in design for my TOS although mine is a 10" lathe. These are generic to a lot of East European machines

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson