stainless steal tube suppier

Hello all.

I'm trying to find some stainless tube but I only need 1200mm of it, all the people I have spoken to will only supply a minimum of 5000mm and as it a small quantity the price has doubled.lol. I have tried my local trading estates but they all tell me they don't use it.

any help out the re would be good ta. All the best. Phil.

Reply to
Activeviii

Devizes Steel at Horton will sell small quantities to personal callers.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

There is a company in Southampton called Fine Tubes, they send out a remnant list a couple of times a year. They should be able to supply short lengths. The last list I had had various grades of tubing.

Fine Tubes Ltd Estover Works, Plymbridge Road Estover Plymouth PL6 7LG Tel: +44 (0) 1752 735851 / Fax: +44 (0) 1752 733301

For other companies search on tubes-stainless steel at

There are several stainless steel tube stockists.

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

What specification of tube do you need ? Whare are you ?

I will be scrounging some tube for myself on Friday.....

-- Jonathan

Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device there is a fool greater than the proof.

To reply remove AT

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes
3mm Od is a rough size,

I'm trying to make a thing fir carp fishing so what the tube is for is to run a wire for an LED to connect to, on the one end of the tube a co-polymer tube that the led sits in and on the other end a hinge type connection onto a battery box.

that is a rough and quick idea of its use and I need 3-4 of them at 300mm long. I did make some with aerial tube , chromed brass, but the wall is to thin and it bent to easily. all so I have tried ally tube from the model shop but that bent way to easily,

I live in Gloucester and the word 'scrounging' sounds like a very nice word.lol.

I will have to order some 10mmOD,6mmID 304 soon as I need to make new banksticks for fishing as I don't like paying £20 for a stick I can make for a fiver.

thanks for the reply, your a good man Jonathan

Reply to
Activeviii

If you're going to use technology to cheat in order to get your catch, why not just chuck some dynamite into the river?

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

because it is illegal.lol

so "If you're going to use technology to cheat" why do you use a computer when you could phone people or write a letter or walk rather than cheat and drive.lol.

Reply to
Activeviii

What is cheating about using the Internet?

There would seem to be some truth in the assertion that those who go fishing are engaged in an intellectual battle with their peers, would there not?

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Reply to
Activeviii

Further to my earlier reply, as well as Fine Tubes I have also used Lancashire Fitings in the past.

Hypodermic tube

Lancashire Fittings The Science Village,Claro Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG1 4AF,England Tel. (0)1423 522355 Fax (0)1423 506111

This is one in my favorites folder but not used.

High Tech Tubes Ltd Unit 15F Wintersells Business Park Wintersells Road Byfleet Surrey KT14 7LF England

Telephone : 01932 355440 Fax : 01932 355441 Email : snipped-for-privacy@hightechtubes.co.uk

Reply to
Lionel

In article , Activeviii writes

.:\:/:. +-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:. | PLEASE DO NOT | :.:\:\:/:/:.: | FEED THE TROLLS | :=.' - - '.=: | | '=(\ 9 9 /)=' | Thank you | ( (_) ) | | /`-vvv-'\ +-------------------+ / \ | | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \ | | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\ @x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW \||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__ \||/ | | | jgs (______Y______) /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Reply to
Nigel Eaton

"Activeviii" wrote

Ouch... the tube I will be scrounging is 2" OD... The wall thickness is closer to your OD :-)

R.S. Components <

> do 3/16" = 4.7mm od tube, two 6" lengths for £ 32.70....

I will look on friday, but I don't think I will find enything small enough for you.

-- Jonathan

Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device there is a fool greater than the proof.

To reply remove AT

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes

£32.70 jezz that much ay! cheeper to buy the finished goods.lol.

Reply to
Activeviii

Hi Phil

It would help if we knew what diameter you were trying to find!

Reply to
clive croucher
3mmOD/1.5(ish)ID 304. any stainless tube will do the job as long as it is 300mm long (x3) and no more than 4mmOD
Reply to
Activeviii

Or better still, chuck some dynamite up the rectum of the tit who lives at

13 Hardens Close Chippenham Wiltshire SN15 3AA (Gareth Alun Evans)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- snipped-for-privacy@boltblue.com John Lloyd - Cymru/Wales

John.LloydUNSPAM

Nah, let natural justice take it's course now that

are apprised of sundry derogatory comments and their source...

Reply to
super

Wondered where I had seen you before.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Jones

"Those that can.....do. Those that can't.....teach. Those that can't teach.....teach PE. Those that can't teach PE.....join the plods. Those that can't plod.....become traffic plods. Those that can't traffic plod.....are on sale in the vegetable rack in Tesco's."

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

If Mr.Hull had any strength of character in his repeated silly threats upon this matter then he wouldn't need to attempt to dissemble his identity.....

Reply to
Airy R. Bean