Strangest promotional 'goodie'?

I was at the engineers' merchants today for some odds & sods, & noticed they had flyer offering a set of wood chisels, also a little Dremel kit. Asked to see the chisels, thought it would be a good idea to get some more for Roy to butcher . The guy produced them, looked pretty good to the eye (no doubt Far Eastern, so it'll be a lottery as to how good they really are to use), came in a nice soft leather roll, all for 28 quid. He'd also brought out the Dremel kit, I wasn't really interested but he said no, you get that anyway, it's free with the chisels! Turns out to be a 'Golf Cleaning Kit', a little battery Dremel with two wire brushes (one for your clubs & one for your spikes) and a little soft case to keep it in. Is it me that's gone mad, or the rest of the world??

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

I think it must be you, dont you know chisels are no good for cleaning golf clubs ;)

Dave

Reply to
dave sanderson

I reckon they would be more use than a Dremel for cleaning the muddy soles of golf shoes, though

That said, I've never played golf, never wished to, maybe that's what makes it all seem a bit crazy.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

As Mark Twain said, it's "a good walk, spoiled"!

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree