Ward collet wanted

Wanted to buy or borrow:
12mm collet for Ward 2A capstan. 15/32" will probably do.
Thanks
Tim
Tim Leech
Dutton Dry-Dock
timleech
I'll have a look later, recovering from jet-lag at present :-))
Peter
Peter A Forbes
Hi
R.A Barratts small tools in Halifax are virtually garaunteed to have one reasonably priced and will post aswell. Tel- 01422-205828. I use them myself for all type of collets. Normal disclaimer, no benefit to me etc.
Cheers
Dave "Industria, arte, prudentia"
Reply to
Dave Jones
Thanks for that, I had dealt with them a couple of times years ago but forgotten about them. Sadly, though, they don't have one :-(
Cheers Tim
Tim Leech Dutton Dry-Dock
timleech
Tried Graham Tools in Birmingham? Another company is I think Stevens Machine Tools somewhere in Birmingham area.
Lionel
Reply to
Lionel
Tools somewhere in Birmingham area.
Sorry Lionel, Grahams have gone. I saw the closing notice late last year.
-- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
Reply to
John Stevenson
Tools somewhere in Birmingham area.
Worth a look
Lionel
Reply to
Lionel
Tools somewhere in Birmingham area.
There were two Graham Engineering, some years ago the two partners went their own way, One was Graham Engineering I think, and the new one was named Graham Central Tooling near Aston Villa. Went there years ago and they had shelves full of Ward and Herbert gear bought some tooling for a Ward I. That's now long gone, have Smart & Brown's now using Type 21 collets. I seem to remember a letter being sent out by one partner saying that he had opened his own company using the same name.
When I had the Ward also bought some tooling from Stevens Engineering, forget where they are. In High Wycombe, Intercity Tools had a whole room full of secondhand tooling, I think they moved to Aylesbury.
So are both Graham Engineering companies gone now?
Lionel
Reply to
Lionel
We have no 12mm rounds, but we DO have a couple of 7/16"
which gives enough meat to be able to turn the jaws out?
(11.115mm)
Can post it to you in the morning, stick it on the account :-))
Peter
Peter A Forbes
Thanks Peter. Worth a try, not sure how hard they are, though. I haven't got any means to grind a bore that small.
15/32" should be close enough to use (11.91mm), I've got a couple of 32nds sizes but not that one. 1/2" will actually grip the bar well enough to take a cut, but the closing lever gets thrown out after a while, which doesn't do wonders for the job :-(
I'll find that tailstock for you before too long, the spare drilling m/c is going on Friday so I'll be able to get down to sorting the Chinese puzzle, AKA trying to rearrange things so I have a few square feet of working space
Cheers Tim
Tim Leech Dutton Dry-Dock
timleech