What does it do?

I've just acquired a Clarkson Mark 3 Tool and Cutter Grinder in not quite working condition. (At some time someone melted the belt onto the
drive pulleys and the column doesn't rise or fall and most of the tooling isn't complete, but there's enough to show it once had many of the accessories).
On the front there are two sets of NVR buttons, one presumably operating the spindle motor ( label has a pictogram of a grinding wheel) near the ON/Off lever while the other has a pictogram of what appears to be a countersink with three arrows pointed at it.
Can anyone tell me what this should control? (It came with the operators handbook, but that doesn't tell you what the controls do, merely pictures of the bits one hasn't got, in use)
Robin
--
rsss

Can't be certain, but probably dust extraction
Richard