Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

D-13 fit 12" Faceplate
Anyone got one for sale? Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK
6
6

Ground steel discs
Any ideas as to where I might source a quantity of such things, around 50mm diameter. Washers would do - the only requirement is that they're flat and probably not more than around 5mm thick. Regards,
1
1

Lathe change
I have a very old ML7 no gear box, no cross feed, no coolant. I am thinking of changing it but with what ? About same size but with gear box and cross feed, also would like to take bigger cuts. Any...
35
35

FS: Few bits 'n' bobs on Fleabay
Hi all, I'm having a bit of a clear out as the GF is partially evicting me from my workshop space :( Anyway my loss etc. 3MT Large Clarkson Chuck ER40 chuck and selection imperial collets 6" 3 jaw...

Are SCLCR boring bars hardened
I have a Glanze 16mm SCLCR boring bar that I need to shorten and slightly reduce the diameter at the non-business end so that I can fit it into my boring head (I couldn't find 5/8" bars anywhere)....
4
4

Lead, "Dead Blow" Hammer
My cheap "forged steel shaft" claw hammer decided to break yesterday when trying to remove a smallish :-) nail. It left me with a "cushioned grip" handle which I thought I might use to make a lead...
19
19

Worn Poly V Pulley
The alternator belt on my Citroen Xsara diesel broke at the weekend and I got it replaced at the garage yesterday. However this was not a simple (or cheap!!) replacement. The belt was still basically...
12
12

Simple task, but ask first.
Thought I would ask the group before I barge in the workshop and just do it! Making two steering rack extensions for my kitcar. Length of en3 bar, mild steel 25 mm dia. Have turned one end down to 14...
7
7

Electric Toothbrush
There used to be a series of sayings.. "You know you're getting old when....." followed by something like ".....you bend down to tie your laces and wonder what else you can usefully do while you're...
15
15

Elu router Collet sought
Trying to locate a collet for an ELU KF78 router if anyone can assist. I did Google it, but no luck. The router in question is probably quite old and is used in friends workshop who is not on the...
8
8

Elliot boring head problem
I'm getting ready to do a boring job on the mill and I am trying to set up my boring head, Elliot 1/2 to 12" type, and the damn thing appears to be seized up. I've removed the large grub screw from...
2
2

Electrican service

Berwick St. John country fayre - 13th & 14th September
I've been several times with the family and we've thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a mini version of Stourpaine - lots of the exhibitors from Stourpaine stay on for it. It's free (but you are "encouraged"...
1
1

Assembling a preloaded milling spindle
I have been restoring a Westbury (original form) milling machine and have just about finished with the spindle group. On reassembling it appears that the angular contact races should be preloaded....

Jaguar cub
Anyone got a manual for an IMO Jaguar Cub,Model `s not listed on IMO`s anyone confirm if this is a rebadged Fuji? Mark.
4
4