Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Harrison M300 Lead Screw
Hi I'm a newbie on here but have just acquired a Harrison M300 and am in the process of getting it all into life. On inspecting the machine a bit more carefully, I find that the Lead screw floats...
2
2

Colchester Bantam topslide gib adjustment
As per my previous post, I've just rebuilt my Bantam's topslide and I'm not 100% certain about adjusting the gib. The Bantam's topslide has an angled gib which forms one of the dovetail sides rather...
1
1

Balls! Bantam lathe topslide rebuild
I've just replaced the topslide feedscrew on my Colchester Bantam topslide and took the opportunity to remove the rather pointless 'metric inch' dial from the handle and replace it with a proper...
9
9

Small taper pin turning
Hi I need to turn a few replacement taper pins, 1 in 20 taper by about 3mm (thick end) and 20mm long. Easy enough to turn with the compound slide set over. The problem is I haven't a clue how to set...
20
20

Were is John S
Were is John Stevenson not seen him on the newsgroup hope he is ok. He always as helpful advice and sometimes a witty comment
3
3

ME Magazine 4332
Hi all, Just started reading through my latest copy of ME received through the post yesterday. Mine looks as though there are a number of pages missing, as it jumps from some adverts (p.186) straight...
2
2

New workshop - dodgy garage floor - advice sought
I am setting up a new workshop in my garage. I need to address the state of the floor, before investing my hard earned cash in machinery It is 40+ year old concrete, which is dry and dusty in some...
10
10

Metric Tap and Die Sets
I'd like to get a tap and die set going from M3 say to M6 or M8 for *occassional use* cuttting mild steel. I don't want it just for cleaning and rethreading. I just want something that is not...
12
12

Cutting 3mm thick 200mm dia extruded acrylic tube
I'm not a model engineer. I have a 150mm long, 3mm thick-wall, 200mm dia extruded acrylic tube. I want to cut out of it 3 pieces 15mm long. I don't think I have much option than marking it out as best...
10
10

Anyone near Chalfont St Peter?
Just curious to know if anyone on here is in my neck of the woods. Always nice to have a potter around other people's workshops or swap stories.
4
4

Motor question
Anyone know where I can get a frame 56 (or smaller) 0.37 kW dual voltage three-phase motor, pref 2800 rpm, for use with an inverter? The frame 56 bit is the hard part. Thanks, -- Peter Fairbrother
4
4

More free stuff
Hi folks, I have more free stuff available. Collect from Edgmond, Shropshire. Please e-mail me quickly (cdt22 AT cantabgold DOT net) or post here if you want any of this stuff. Feel free to ask...
2
2

Motor starters for small home machinery
The very ancient MEM "Startet" start-stop button on my mill has finally worn out. It controls an ancient GEC single phase 1/4 hp capacitor start motor. While I have designed motor control gear before,...
7
7

Free - Three collets
1/2" , 9/16", 5/8" Made by Perfos I believe these are "F type" collets but please ask if you need more info about specific dimensions. Currently in Winchester. Dave

Couple of Beaver mills for sale
Amongst other things. 10"x56" tables. One with slotter head and variable speed. no bids yet:- Mark Rand RTFM
7
7