Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Respraying myford lathe
Hi all Thinking about getting my Myford resprayed/powder coated. Anybody carried this out, recommend a metal finisher, any problems.
1
1

Poppet Valve Steam Engines?
--Howdy, all. I have it in mind to build one of the engines designed by Anton Bohaboy. I've got one set of plans but I'm trying to find out if there's any kind of record of this guy and the engines he...

Lath on E-Bay
spotted on E Bay, Warco lath, 6 x 24, looks in nice condition, 2545167643, was at £ 350 -- Jonathan Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device there is a fool greater than the proof. To reply...

Phase Converters on the cheap would be nice.
Do any of you Ladies and Gents know of plans for a Rotary type converter or a dealer charging less than the price of my house for the finished product? I have a Colchester Chippy and a Churchill T&C...
10
10

Restoring Bevel Protractor
Hi all, I have just purchased a Moore & Wright No. 994 bevel protractor at a car boot sale. It's a bit grimy with just a little rust on the large center nut. I need suggestions please on the best way...

Manual or data sheets for a Alba A1 Shaper
I have just purchased what appears to be an Alba A1 shaper on Ebay and Iwas wondering if anybody had a manual or datasheets for this machine. I would be intested in buying them or paying for a copy to...
1
1

Model engine casting kits
I have noticed quite a few requests for information about casting kits for model IC engines, and noticed today an advert in a back issue of Stationary Engine magazine for an Austrian guy: Heinz...
1
1

Aluminium Surface Treatments
The current project on the drawing board is a small supercharger . Essentially it's a vane compressor with tufnol vanes that run against an cast aluminium casing. I need some wear resistance on the...
6
6

info req: on emco u2 drill/miller
hi all, as per the heading, i am still looking for info on the emco u2 drill/miller (good or bad on this machine) also am looking for a manual,have tried various sites without luck, any links would be...

Q: Guildford show
I have a note that next weekend ( 19 - 20 / 7 / 03 ) there is a Guildford show. Does any one have the times it's open ? Has this been a good show in previous years ? -- Jonathan Barnes's theorem; for...
3
3

eBay prices !
Hi all, Some people bidding on eBay appear to me to have more money than sense. (Will apologize if wrong) I have been bidding on a bevel protractor, for which I set my limit at £30 but today see it's...
13
13

ML7. A proper job.
Does anyone recollect my post about the pulley slipping on my ML7? Despite much helpful information on this NG, particularly from J Stevenson and M Whittome, I could not shift the spacer sleeve...

Turning Alluminium
Hi. Can anyone tell me the best way to turn alluminium? - Speed, tool angles, cooling media etc? Thanks in advanse. Johs. Line (Norway)
1
1

Bridgeport head rebuild glitch
Could anyone who's successfully attacked a J head help with the following? I'd like to service the exposed autofeed trip components on the front of the quill as they've collected a lot of gunk over...
3
3

Scale petrol engines
I am looking for information about scale perol engines. What is available in kit form? Can anyone in the group please point me in the right direction? Many thanks in advance. Bob Please remove spam...
3
3