Best Rated threads in ⚗ Polymers Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What is Fischer-Porter Bottle?
Hi everyone, Do you know "Fischer-Porter Bottle" ? Can you help me please... Thanks...
2
2

Possible to shrink expanded O-rings
Hi, I have four tiny but very expensive O-rings used for dust scraping around pistons in motorcycle brake calipers. Thay have expanded due to an oil leakage and I hope that it's possible to shrink...
3
3

A feeling for shore hardness
Hi, I'm trying to get a feel for what shore A of 10 feels like. I know that rubber bands have a shore hardness of around 30 but I haven't seen anything listed lower than this. Seems to me what whoever...
5
5

Acrylic acid alternative
Hi!!! I've foung the following product from Kemira: Colloid 148. This product have a performance like polyacrylates but it is manufactured from other kind of material cheapest than acrylic acid. Could...
6
6

PVDF poling Device Query
Hello! I want to pole PVDF films in my Lab. I prepare P(VDF TrFE) films by dissolving polymer pellets in a solvent(DMAC) and heating the mixture till Solvent evaporates. I then Stick Copper films as...
3
3

PTFE Absorption Spectra
Hi, I have an application for PTFE and require the absorption spectra in the UV range. Can anyone help? Thanks *-----------------------* Posted at: *-----------------------*
1
1

PP 20 melt vs 35 melt
Can someone explain to me the differents between 20 melt PP and 35 melt? I've made some parts with 20 melt and they turned out great. But if I give the living hinge a twist she breaks. Would I get a...
3
3

Re: Resistance of epoxies to ozone
Most epoxies are based on diglycidylated aromatic nuclei. Ozone cleaves benzene rings as well as all other unsaturated systems. You are eaten if you are limited to common organics. One hope is to load...
1
1

soft airtight material?
Is there such a thing as a soft airtight material that does not leak over time so it could be used as cushioning in a boot cuff? Is there any example of a soft airtight material used in a manufactured...
10
10

pKa of a polymer
I am new to polymers, and i wonder if polymers have pKa, of if there is a way to estimate it. If so, I am interested in knowing the pKa of PEI (polyethyleneimine). Can I find a list of polymers with...
1
1

PMMA recycling - Recovered MMA's distillation
We are a group of Chemical Engineering undergraduate students, at Instituto Superior Técnico, in Universidade Técnica de Lisboa, in Portugal, and we are doing our Final Project under the theme:...
5
5

Brittle nature of PEBAX?
I am hoping someone can shed some light on a problem I am facing. I am seeing brittle failure of a Polyether block Amide material (Trade name PEBAX). The material is in the form of an extruded tube,...
1
1

Injection moulding - plasticising time
What does the plasticising time do in an injection moulding cycle and if you were to very it what would be the effect on the finished product/injection cycle, Thanks, Rodney.
1
1

pH of polypropylene
hi, can somebody tell me how to evaluate the pH of polypropylene sample?
7
7

PDMS density
Hi all, I'd like to have a PDMS similar to Sylgard 184 from Dow Corning, but I need the density to be less than water. I've tried with above product and after it's cured, it floats on water due...
2
2

Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) spin casting
Hello everyone, I wasn't sure where to ask a question about spin casting but I thought I would start with the polymer people. I am currently an undergraduate research assistant, and part of my task...
10
10

Polyurethane Adhesive
Hi, I'm trying to improve the cure of a solventless polyurethane adhesive (double-component) used in lamination process to produce flexible packing. It's very easy to improve the cure in a solvent...
10
10

PVD Coatings and Vacuum Technology - Research Forum
PVD Coatings and Vacuum Technology - Research Forum International Forum about current problems and solutions in R&D thin films and coatings technology based in vacuum surface treatments (Surface...

coloring LDPE
I am looking for a way to permanently color a finished product made from low density polyethylene. I am working with 1.25" thick sheets of LDPE, sort of a milling process, and I can only find it in...
10
10

Plasticizers effect on PC/ABS
Hi All, I have a problem - maybe you can help me out. My vendor overmoulds a PVC strain relief on a PU cable onto a PC/ABS switch, has been using an unspecified PVC and now the PC/ABS appears to be...
1
1