Best Rated threads in ⚗ Polymers Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

A feeling for shore hardness
Hi, I'm trying to get a feel for what shore A of 10 feels like. I know that rubber bands have a shore hardness of around 30 but I haven't seen anything listed lower than this. Seems to me what whoever...
5
5

Acrylic acid alternative
Hi!!! I've foung the following product from Kemira: Colloid 148. This product have a performance like polyacrylates but it is manufactured from other kind of material cheapest than acrylic acid. Could...
6
6

Brittle nature of PEBAX?
I am hoping someone can shed some light on a problem I am facing. I am seeing brittle failure of a Polyether block Amide material (Trade name PEBAX). The material is in the form of an extruded tube,...
1
1

PVDF poling Device Query
Hello! I want to pole PVDF films in my Lab. I prepare P(VDF TrFE) films by dissolving polymer pellets in a solvent(DMAC) and heating the mixture till Solvent evaporates. I then Stick Copper films as...
3
3

PTFE Absorption Spectra
Hi, I have an application for PTFE and require the absorption spectra in the UV range. Can anyone help? Thanks *-----------------------* Posted at: *-----------------------* PTFE homopolymer is...
1
1

PP 20 melt vs 35 melt
Can someone explain to me the differents between 20 melt PP and 35 melt? I've made some parts with 20 melt and they turned out great. But if I give the living hinge a twist she breaks. Would I get a...
3
3

how to clean PVC extrusion die
Yesterday when I disassembled the PVC extrusion dies, I found a lot of burned PVC inside. It is seems impossible to disassemble the die once a day. But if not disassembled it, burned stuff wouldnot...
5
5

soft airtight material?
Is there such a thing as a soft airtight material that does not leak over time so it could be used as cushioning in a boot cuff? Is there any example of a soft airtight material used in a manufactured...
10
10

pKa of a polymer
I am new to polymers, and i wonder if polymers have pKa, of if there is a way to estimate it. If so, I am interested in knowing the pKa of PEI (polyethyleneimine). Can I find a list of polymers with...
1
1

Bubbles forming during pebax reflow
Hello All, I have a catheter process creating bubbles in the catheter walls. The process is essentially pebax onto pebax reflow (fusing). There is a SS braid in between the pebax materials and FEP is...
4
4

coloring LDPE
I am looking for a way to permanently color a finished product made from low density polyethylene. I am working with 1.25" thick sheets of LDPE, sort of a milling process, and I can only find it in...
10
10

PMMA recycling - Recovered MMA's distillation
We are a group of Chemical Engineering undergraduate students, at Instituto Superior Técnico, in Universidade Técnica de Lisboa, in Portugal, and we are doing our Final Project under the theme:...
5
5

Injection moulding - plasticising time
What does the plasticising time do in an injection moulding cycle and if you were to very it what would be the effect on the finished product/injection cycle, Thanks, Rodney. ?????? ?????? ??? 10...
1
1

pH of polypropylene
hi, can somebody tell me how to evaluate the pH of polypropylene sample? pH is a measure of the amount of free hydrogen in water. (The true techical definition goes way beyond this to the point of...
7
7

PDMS density
Hi all, I'd like to have a PDMS similar to Sylgard 184 from Dow Corning, but I need the density to be less than water. I've tried with above product and after it's cured, it floats on water due...
2
2

Polyurethane Adhesive
Hi, I'm trying to improve the cure of a solventless polyurethane adhesive (double-component) used in lamination process to produce flexible packing. It's very easy to improve the cure in a solvent...
10
10

PVD Coatings and Vacuum Technology - Research Forum
PVD Coatings and Vacuum Technology - Research Forum International Forum about current problems and solutions in R&D thin films and coatings technology based in vacuum surface treatments (Surface...

Plasticizers effect on PC/ABS
Hi All, I have a problem - maybe you can help me out. My vendor overmoulds a PVC strain relief on a PU cable onto a PC/ABS switch, has been using an unspecified PVC and now the PC/ABS appears to be...
1
1

Draize value
What is Draize value? Draize test is rabbit eye irritation test. There are values assigned. You can find on web. Frank An index of irritancy (there are both eye and skin Draize tests) based on animal...
2
2

Universal pe,pp zipper profile
We are manufacturers of Pe zipper profiles. Recently we are receiving enquiries about developing a universal zipper profile that can be used on both PE AND PP films. One of our competitors has already...