Compound is not flowing

Hi, I have a "small" problem. I'm developing new compound for extrusion process. Compound consist 15% ethylene/octene copolymer (1,1 MFI), 5% EPDM, 5%oil and 75% filler (chalk+BaSO4). I know it's heavy duty for extruder.... Problem is as guessed that it won't flow in extruder. What are the possibilitys to make it flow without adding much price?

Reply to
Ivo

What exactly is the problem? Motor drive stalling or lurching? What size machine and what kind of orifice you trying to use?

I've been using 80-90% tungsten filled grades for years with miniscule flow rates.

Reply to
L Alpert

You may wish to try about 5% of a paraffinic plasticizer (e.g. Sunpar 2280). That should help reduce the viscosity of you system without adding too much cost.

Larry Effler

Reply to
Larry Effler