scaling concept

hello:
Can somebody tell me what is a scaling concept, what is scaling, why is it
useful?
Please don't refer me to standard text such as de Gennes books etc. I want a
very basic understanding of the concept.
thanks
Reply to
SUSHANT577
Against your wishes I would refer you to de Gennes. You don't have to read the whole book, you don't even have to read any text, just look at the picture in the introductory chapter (the picture has stick figures of animals and people). That's the scaling concept.
John
Reply to
John Spevacek

Site Timeline