printing & scaling

i have a few drawings prepared to print in a3, and now they should be printed in a1. is it possible to "tell" autocad to keep some scale for numbers, letters and dimensions. and is it possible when scaling for example some word to give some command in wich side to expand. i'm not wery experience so every advice is welcome. thanks.

Reply to
Geronimo_work

You should always draw at 1:1 scale (full size) in Model Space. Do your plotting from Paper Space (Layout), where you can set your plot to match your paper size.

Reply to
B. W. Salt.

i did it like that but how can i keep the scale of the text, because when i print on a4 and a1 it will be diferent. and also if somewane can give me some fast instructions how to make a frame with title block. I no it is done somehow with templates but i don't now how, I have a title block ready. please help. thank you.

Reply to
Geronimo_work

The only way I know do that easily is with MultiSCALE from

That lets you set the plotted heights and resizes the text to suit the current scale.

The software is not cheap, but I understand they have discounted prices for Eastern Europe

Reply to
Chris D (The CAD Man)

How does this software handle leadered text, etc.? I can't imagine any software correctly scaling text, globally, and getting acceptable results.

Reply to
TomD

Leaders are not a problem as they are handled by means of the dimscale options. So the leaders rescale with the text, arrow heads resize etc. MultiSCALE manages all aspects of scaling, including setting up viewports and creating the required dimscales.

If there are large changes of scale, say a factor of 4 or more then spacing of text, and the insertion points of text, become an issue. Theses are easily sorted with tools within the software and AutoCAD "move".

Reply to
Chris D (The CAD Man)

I suggest that you set PSLTSCALE=0 and see if your text and dimensions keep the same relative scale as the drawing.

Reply to
B. W. Salt.