Water Based Adhesive

Hi,
Does anyone knows how to produce a water based adhesive for food packaging ? Im assuming that is a acrylic based adhesive or PUD but
I dont know how to formulate a simple product.
Can you help me telling me the generics raw materials ?
Regards,
rodrigo
Hi,
Does anyone knows how to produce a water based adhesive for food packaging ? Im assuming that is a acrylic based adhesive or PUD but I dont know how to formulate a simple product.
Can you help me telling me the generics raw materials ?
This may not give you technical guidance but is Code of Federal Regulations regarding polymers permitted for food contact use: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_99/21cfrv3_99.html Frank
rodrigo

Dear Frank, thank you very much. Im sure this can help me a lot. regards,

Frank has already given you good information. I would add that most/ all adhesive manufacturers would know which of their adhesives are approved for direct/indirect food contact. (Do you know the difference and what kind you need?) The same would be true for the additive manufacturers such as tackifiers, plasticizers, ... Once you have some adhesives, tackifiers,... then you can formulate as for any other adhesive.
John Aspen Research, - www.aspenresearch.com "Turning Questions into Answers"