Latest threads in ⚗ Polymers Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

right adhesive for pvc mat
we are producing PVC mat but we are unabble to get right strength. we extruding pvc alongwith additive. Can I use EVA with PVC to improve the tear strength.Or which adhesive is suitable(we are using...
1
1

Announcing "Academia.edu" to the Polymer Science community
Dear all, I recently finished my Ph.D at Oxford on the philosophy of perception. With a team of people from Stanford and Cambridge, I've just launched a website, which does two things: - It shows...

The Magic of Polymer. The Future of Plastic
Polymers can give shape to anything, literally any thing! See the magic of polymer: 's BELIEVE IT OR NOT ! Plastics take any shape. Plastics take any form. Dream it and plastics can do it, think it...

cleaning on nylon 6
hi I am using Nylon6 in test at 285 oC, after that i have to clean it at room temp. so please tell me what solutions to be used for same?
2
2

Will cost of polymers fall due to lower oil prices?
I use acrylic panels in part of my products. The cost of this material has risen considerably, wich is not surprising considering the cost of oil has affected everything from feed stocks to...
6
6

What went wrong ?
The barrel temperature of the moulding machine seem to be out of control as the temperature kept rising . I had changed a new contactor but the problem remains. Then I changed the themocouple and the...
4
4

2008 NIST-RTI Survey about Combi for Organic Polymers
Attention: Individuals working in polymer research. Combinatorial methods are revolutionizing materials science by accelerating the pace and quality of R&D. Since 2002, the NIST Combinatorial Methods...
1
1

Neck-in trouble of PP resin in T-die process
Dear sir.. everyone. I have a fiendish problem.. The problem is the neck-in trouble of PP in T-die process. What is Melt elasticity or What is Melt strength?? Which one does make an impact on the...
2
2

Stability/Exercise Ball out-gases toxics...
Hello Everyone, I have a problem that I'm hoping someone can solve. About four weeks ago I purchased a big 75 cm stability/exercise ball that is manufactured from some sort of elastic material that is...
3
3

Six Sigma Course Materials
Save yourself $15,000. Why pay an instructor and travel fees to take a course you can learn yourself MUCH faster at home? This course package includes ALL information needed to obtain certifications...

Can science data be art?
Have you ever seen a scientific related image and thought "wow, that's just beautiful!"? I came across a couple of university internal "art of science" competitions where scientists present images...

Manufacturers of polymers, molding machines etc
All manufactures wellcome to add their info for free Injection molding machine manufacturers manufacturers manufacturers machine manufacturers...

Almond smell from polypropylene boxes
Hi, two months ago I purchased some polypropylene storage boxes. Every box includes a base and a separate lid and was factory shrink-wrapped. When I open a box it releases a strong almond smell that...
4
4

White powder ?
I have seen, after a perrod of 6 to 7 years, used electrical contactor's plastic casing (I believed made of nylon glass filled ) coated with white powder and glass fibre. I am curious to know what is...
1
1

Zytel Nylon ?
I Like to know if any one can suggest some alternative of this type of plastic resin Zytel Nylon 70G33L .Thanks in advance. Regards
8
8