Will cost of polymers fall due to lower oil prices?

I use acrylic panels in part of my products. The cost of this material has risen considerably, wich is not surprising considering the cost of oil has affected everything from feed stocks to transportation. Now that oil prices are down, I wonder if and how long a reduced cost would take to filter through the supply chain? Thanks for any insite. John

Reply to
JohnR66

Hi John, as far as I know, acrylic polymers are not derivatives from oil, they come from acrylic monomers wich in turn come from acetone, both materials are expected to increase their prices in the next month.

Regards

Claudia Colombia

Reply to
clao784

As for plastics pricing, here are some resources (unfortunately not much in the way of future trends, but some historical data that might provide insight):

  • ww.plasticsnews.com/subscriber/rprices.phtml (might have to be a PN subscriber to see this data...)

All the best, Nathan

Reply to
Ducati

Ohh thanks Nathan, I only knew icis but you have to pay for subscribe. Other interesting web about resin prices is

but they only show commodities (PS, PE and PP)

regards

Claudia (clao784) Colombia

Reply to
clao784

Ohh thanks Nathan, I only knew icis but you have to pay for subscribe. Other interesting web about resin prices is

but they only show commodities (PS, PE and PP)

regards

Claudia (clao784) Colombia

Reply to
clao784

Ah, yes, I forgot about theplasticsexchange.com - Thank you!

Reply to
Nathan

Ah, yes, I forgot about theplasticsexchange.com - Thank you Claudia!

- Nathan

Reply to
Nathan