coordianate rotation

Hi, I have a model that has a co-ordinate point created w.r.t default co-ordinate. The New co-ordinate is translated along x, y z directions as well as orienations along x y z directions and an additional angle to orient the co-ordiante about an axis. I .e it has 7 parameters defining its position. Can anyone explain how this has been done. I tried alot to figure out but efforts ended in vain.

regards raghu

Reply to
raghu

Hi, I have a model that has a co-ordinate point created w.r.t default co-ordinate. The New co-ordinate is translated along x, y z directions as well as orienations along x y z directions and an additional angle to orient the co-ordiante about an axis. I .e it has 7 parameters defining its position. Can anyone explain how this has been done. I tried alot to figure out but efforts ended in vain.

regards raghu

If this seemed to be at the center of mass, it was created with model analysis, then saved with a name and not hidden. If you don't see an analysis feature in the model tree, maybe it was moved to the Footer. If you see a Footer (under the Insert bar), check for the analysis feature there. This could have generated it.

The other way I know to create your offset csys is to select the default csys then click the "Create CSYS Tool". This takes you to an interface where you can drag the new csys along axes or specify there values in input boxes. To specify rotation, go to the Orientation page.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes