Mechanica and materials library

Why can't I open materials window such us in this tutorial

Or firstly I shold define some material? There isn't materials library file in the net? Or maybe I should add some option in config.pro to get this materials window? I use WF2.0

Regards Ziomall

Reply to
Ziomall

Regards Ziomall

In WF2 and all previous version, Pro/e materials and Mechanica materials are defined in different files and different file formats. I'm not sure how they interrelate. But, Pro/e has separate .mat files for each material; Mechanica has an integrated database encompassing all manterials. These come with a typical Mechanica installation. Don't know what the effect will be of having a Pro/e material already set in the file when it goes to Mechanica. Anyway, this silly goofing around is supposed to end with WF3. ( Oh, I know, someone will have some romantic attachment based on the Stockholm Syndrome. Users get very endeared with Pro/e's goofiness {witness all the lovers of the lamest, backwardest macroing system [Mapkeys] on the planet [since at least '93]}) Yes, ladies and germs, Pro/e's material definitions are going away. How this effects users who don't have Mechanica installed, I don't konw.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes