Model check recovery

Pro (Wildfire build 2003410) crashes when I try to suppress, delete, or add features on a specific model. Is there a way to audit the file for errors?

Also, has PTC shipped their tech support overseas? The last 4 times I have called in, I have worked with an engineer that does not speak proper english. Anyone else have this experience?

Thanks, Carey

Reply to
Ryerson

I don't think there is a way to audit the files for errors. Usually this problem has something to do with an earlier feature but doesn't cause a crash. This is definitely a support problem.

I have also found myself talking to an Indian support engineer. Not only that but there is a great deal of noise on the line and a long delay typical of overseas calls. I too am suspicious about the physical location of the support staff. Even more important, there was a definite communication problem due to his english skills.

In my opinion, this is a huge potential issue with technical support systems moving overseas. A product like Pro/E requires far more English skills than your typical help desk job and a familiarity with "techno-speak" that you can't get without living and working in the US for quite a long time. Let's face it, it is much easier to support a product like MS Office overseas than Pro/E ("yes sir, just insert the disk and hit the enter key ... yes the large one that says E N T E R on it" just won't do the job). The man I was talking to just didn't have this skill. (On the other hand, Engineers are not known for their ability to communicate ... even with each other ... even if they are talking about the same thing.)

Reply to
bellsouth