Pattern holes

Hi there, I have a flat strip along a generator curve (has got muliple radius). How do I create a pattern hole along the length of a flat strip? Thanks, Shankar.

Reply to
Shankar Venkateswaran

Create a point on the curve at either real length or length ratio, create a point normal plane axis, create a coaxial hole, create a group of the three (point/axis/hole) and use the group pattern function to pattern the hole, using the initial point offset as the driving dimension. You could even use a relation to determine the initial offset by how many pattern members you'll create on the curve. We could certainly get more complicated than that with an analysis datum feature and Pro/PROGRAM to take input.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Thanks a lot David. That was helpful.