pattern of holes - rel2001

I want to create a matrix of about 200 holes, but as the increments are not
identical, I need a pattern table.
I have created a hole feature, and want to pattern it with equal increments,
then turn it into a pattern table to edit/delete unneceesary holes.
I can create the pattern, but when I try to redefine it to turn it into a
table, all I get is the hole creation dialogue box. There seems to be no way
to turn it into a pattern table, unless I'm missing something
I don't want to create it as a table initially because I don't want to
calculate and enter all those dimensions.
Any ideas?
Reply to
dakeb
: : I can create the pattern, but when I try to redefine it to turn it into a : table, all I get is the hole creation dialogue box. There seems to be no way : to turn it into a pattern table, unless I'm missing something : Isn't there an 'Edit>Pattern' to get the 'To table' menu, and then, don't you go 'Modify>Pattern table' to edit the table. I'm starting to forget already. Wildfire is so much more straightforward with everything you need to create patterns, change whether dimension driven or pattern driven, modify pattern elements, right in the Dashboard.
David Janes
Reply to
David Janes
Create your pattern. Redefine the feature and select Pattern (scroll down in the dialog box).Choose "To Table" and enter a table name. Modify "Pattern Table" and look for the name you entered.
Dee
Reply to
Dee Holmes
Right, the button is hidden unless you scroll down! great work PTC! I would never have found it, thanks Dee.
Reply to
dakeb

Site Timeline