Pipe length

When I create a pipe through a number of datum points I want to know the length of the pipe. I can use an evaluation feature and add all the straight pieces and arcs together which is no fun if there are a lot of bends.

If I right click the pipe feature -> info -> feature there is, at the end of the list, under the heading "pipe segment data" a complete calculation of the length of the pipe adding all straight pieces and arcs together saying "TOTAL LENGTH OF PIPE = xxxx MM"

I have not found a way to use this information in a parameter. Does anyone know if it is possible?

Reply to
Bertil Rogmark

Sounds like what you need is an analysis feature, one that you create = when you do an analysis on a feature. If you could copy these curve = segments into a single curve, you do a length analysis, creating a = parameter called LENGTH and use this parametrically in a note. Nice = thing about this is that the note will update when the curve segments = change length.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes