Remove a feature from a mirror

Ok, so I'm new to Pro/e. Been working with it for about a week. I'm
a SolidWorks guru however (7+ yrs)
Pro/e Wildfire 3.0 Build 080
I've got about 9 ribs that I've mirrored over the Right plane. All I
want to do is remove one of the ribs from the Mirror feature...
WITHOUT deleting the whole mirror (I have a bunch of dependant
features further down the tree).. How do I do that?
It's only takes about 3 "clicks" in SolidWorks.
Thanks
Reply to
Aggrevated
Ok, so I'm new to Pro/e. Been working with it for about a week. I'm a SolidWorks guru however (7+ yrs)
Pro/e Wildfire 3.0 Build 080
I've got about 9 ribs that I've mirrored over the Right plane. All I want to do is remove one of the ribs from the Mirror feature... WITHOUT deleting the whole mirror (I have a bunch of dependant features further down the tree).. How do I do that?
It's only takes about 3 "clicks" in SolidWorks.
Thanks
Go under Options and make sure the Dependent Copy box is NOT checked.
David Janes
Reply to
David Janes
It won't let me uncheck the box. Well, I uncheck it, then when I go back into the feature, it has checked itself again. keeps going back to the way it was. I think it might have something to do with the features being ribs.
Reply to
Aggrevated
It won't let me uncheck the box. Well, I uncheck it, then when I go back into the feature, it has checked itself again. keeps going back to the way it was. I think it might have something to do with the features being ribs.
Try deleting the mirror and start over, uncheck the Dependent option box and do okay. Then see if the features aren't accessible. I don't remember any rules for what's not amenable to manipulation in a mirror feature. But Pro/e has historically had trouble changing the definition of things between dependent and independent.
David Janes
Reply to
David Janes
It won't let me uncheck the box. Well, I uncheck it, then when I go back into the feature, it has checked itself again. keeps going back to the way it was. I think it might have something to do with the features being ribs.
Try deleting the mirror and start over, uncheck the Dependent option box and do okay. Then see if the features aren't accessible. I don't remember any rules for what's not amenable to manipulation in a mirror feature. But Pro/e has historically had trouble changing the definition of things between dependent and independent.
David Janes
Sorry, didn't notice about the dependent features. Also, hope you're not working in Intralink.
David Janes
Reply to
David Janes

Site Timeline