Rename bulk items

I am using Pro-E 2001 and was wondering if there was a way to rename a bulk item within the assembly

Reply to
sbarrett

I don't think there's a way to rename a bulk item, period. Even renaming the file on disk isn't going to change the name of the part in the assembly. I don't know, it might be possible in Intralink,, but I wouldn't swear to it nor would I swear that this would register in all the assemblies where it was used. I think you'd probably have to delete one and add another with the new name. Bulk items have very limited utility and, even though they're meant to represent "as required" quantities, they won't even indicate this in the BOM. You have to do some kludgy workaround with report relations to get AR to show up in the quantity column for a bulk item.

Reply to
David Janes

Correction: renaming on disk will cause the assembly to fail regen because it doesn't find the "part" which still means it's not a viable way to rename a bulk item in the assembly.

Reply to
David Janes