sheetmetal "unbend" command question. The button is gray.

I am learning the sheet meatal modeling. I try to unbend the part and punch a hole, and bend back. But the unbend function is gray. I search the help document but did not find a solution. Need your advice, Thanks a lot.

Reply to
Joe

I am learning the sheet meatal modeling. I try to unbend the part and punch a hole, and bend back. But the unbend function is gray. I search the help document but did not find a solution. Need your advice, Thanks a lot.

I worked on this a little bit yesterday, couldn't get the Unbend icon to grey out. It was always available, but I realized today that I didn't try creating unattached walls. Mine were all flat or flange or extruded. Unbend and Unbend All worked as they should. Maybe you could give a little more detail on how you created the walls (you couldn't give less).

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com...

out. It was always available, but I realized today that I didn't try creating unattached walls. Mine were all flat or flange or extruded. Unbend and Unbend All worked as they should. Maybe you could give a little more detail on how you created the walls (you couldn't give less).

Reply to
Joe

There's nothing wrong with using unattached walls. I guessed at that one because I never use it. I'm sure it's quite useful in certain limited circumstances, for example, when you're building a "box" in very restricted places and you want to build the walls, freestanding, almost using abutting surfaces to build the wall on. I think you might have gotten the unbend (which I didn't think of earlier) if you'd merged the walls. Or maybe you also need to add an edge bend, as well, not sure.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes