Transfer intersection to a sketch entity

Hi,

Perhaps an easy question to answer. I have a surface which intersects the plane that I'm sketching on. Can someone help me finding the right tool to make a curve at the intersection of the surface and the sketching plane? Thanks

Konrad

Reply to
KA

What version?

Assuming WF2, select the plane and then do Edit>Intersect. Hold down and then select the solid. You can then do a Use Edge in Sketcher of this curve.

Regards

Reply to
peterbrown77

Otherwise it's feature- create-cut-use quilt.

Reply to
John Wade

Actually, no it's not, it's feature - create - datum - curve - intra surfs, select the plane as single first, then the quilt as single second.

Reply to
John Wade

Thanks. I am moving from SW to WF2. I was just missing the "intersection" icon :-)

Konrad

Reply to
KA

I don't understand the beginning of your recipe. "feature"? Do you mean an entry in some menu?

Konrad

Reply to
KA

He's giving you the recipe for using pre-Wildfire ProE. For WF2, just do the Edit>Intersect.

Reply to
peterbrown77

Right, Edit-intersect is just good. Thanks.

Konrad

Reply to
KA