What connection combination would I need for a geneva wheel mechanism

I'm interested in creating a mechanism that is regulated by a Geneva wheel mechanism in Pro/E. But I'm stuck as to what mechanism connection I should use. I'm thinking along the lines of the slot-follower connection but I don't know what the "slot" curves should be and what datum feature I should use for the follower.

Thanks

Reply to
Xavier

Dear Xavier,

Try using a cam with lift-off. The cylindrical surfaces of the pin and the inner surfaces of the slot should be selected for each cam-pair. Make sure that the surface normals are pointing towards each other. Get a single pin-slot working first, then add other cams for each slot.

Regards,

Rod Giles Pro/Mechanica Users Group UK

Reply to
Rod Giles