WildFire & FireGL's

I am currently using a fireGL 87000 with 64mb of ram on my pentium2000/windows2k workstation. So far the performance of that fireGL card hasn't been really exciting (well it was the least expensive firegl too). I also get crashes when there are multiple 3d models open. Do you guys think it would be a good idea to dump it for a new fireGL 9500 Z1 with 128 mb? I am currently using the old pro-e, but I am also considering changing to wildfire. Does it crash less? Thanks for any help

Reply to
Zink

: Do you guys think it would be a good idea to dump it for a new fireGL 9500 : Z1 with 128 mb?

I think two things:

  • It's a very good idea to check previous posts to see if a thread has be started on a topic. If it has then it's a good idea to join a discussion already in progress rather than to start a "new" one. In the last year, if you check Google archives, there have been over a 100 posts on this topic. Feel free, when you've gone through these, to ask a question that hasn't been asked and answered several times already.
  • I also think it's a good idea to get the software publishers recommendations before plunking down a grand or more. PTC does this by publishing a list of supported cards and certified/supported systems. It doesn't certify any card separate from the system (hardware, OS, drivers). If I were in the market for new hardware, I'd be a fool to not take this very seriously.
    David Janes
Reply to
David Janes