Nvidia or ATI for SolidWorks??

Which chipset and what models do you folks recommend for solidworks? I am currently using a MSI 128 Meg card (GeForce FX 5600) and the performance is good but I would like to consider a better card. Thanks for opinions and suggestions.

Reply to
Chris

My first suggestion is to do a search of this newsgroup for "video card" as this topic has been discussed many, many times just since the first of the year. You might find what you are looking for, and more.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I'm using an NVIDIA Quadro FX 3000 with 128Mb of ram on a P4 3.2Ghz (DELL PWS360) with 1 Gb of ram. I love it, go with a newer NVIDIA so you can use the realview in Solidworks.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Charney

Since Wayne gave really good advice, and Richard favored NVIDIA, let me throw in a pitch for the new ATI FIREGL cards, available in AGP versions and the LATEST "PCI Express" versions. In case you wondered, they ALSO support RealView, and they are generally cheaper than the comparable Nvidia products.

Mr. Pickles (2 of the 3 responding to your post have an ATI card)

Reply to
Mr. Pickles

Thanks, have been looking a bit through older posts.

Reply to
Chris

Thanks for the input. I have heard some good things at the local level here about the ATI's. The ability to use RealView is one of the bigger reasons for switching from my existing card (since it performs very good but is more a gaming card).

Reply to
Chris