FAQ Or Recommendation

I used the Find feature of my news program and could not find anything resembling a current FAQ for this group so please forgive me if this
question is covered there.
I am new to Hobby Robot building and would like to get my 10 year old nephew interested in it for the long term. What is the best first book to purchase so that he and I can get something started? Neither of us have any prior knowledge on the subject.
Be Well, Peter
Hi
There are lots of books I guess, but if you get a Lego Mindstorms kit to start with, there is enough to get you started. There are plenty of related books available from beginner to advanced at Amazon.com
Cheers
Dale

nephew
purchase
I asked this question here before and it doesn't seem like there is a current FAQ for this group.
There are a couple FAQs here but they both seem to be out of date.
http://truegift.com/robots / http://www.frc.ri.cmu.edu/robotics-faq/
Robot makes well! :-) DOC

nephew
purchase